Writing a Winning Essay Paper
Writing an essay is one of the most common tasks students, especially those in colleges and universities do. It is important that you know how to write an essay as this will determine how well you will perform at the end of your course. It is imperative that you know how to go about writing an eye catching and maximum-marks-fetching paper. This will ensure that you get maximum marks in your final exams. Today, we will touch on the basics of writing a good essay. Irrespective of your level or even the technicality of the essay you are handling, the following are some of the best practices you need to follow while writing an essay;
Steps on how to write an essay
- First of all, read the instructions of your essay and read them carefully. This is quite important. However, most people often do not observe this best practice. They tend to rush towards answering the question yet they have not understood it clearly. The danger with this is that you might end up answering the wrong question and you will have messed up everything. When you have done this step, highlight the key points in the essay question then try to synthesize it carefully. Finally, when you have fully understood the question and the instructions fully, you are ready to move to the next step.
- In the second step, you will need to carry out a thorough research on the question. Your understanding of your essay requirements from our first step will be helpful here. It will help you to avoid doing some blind research. Be clear on what information you are looking for and be biased towards that. This will not only save you a lot of time but also ensure that you get only the relevant information that will help you in answering the essay question. Do a thorough research and save all the most relevant information you get. Also, please make sure to jot down all the key points that you identify and wish to include in your essay.
- The third and also one of the most important steps, develop a thesis for your essay. This is a sentence which acts as the overall response to your essay question (requirements). This will be the backbone of your essay and it will be stated in the introduction.
- The fourth step, develop a plan or the structure of your essay. The importance of doing this is to avoid deviating when writing the essay. The structure should be well developed and covers all the facets necessary to completely answer the essay question.
- You are now ready to start writing your essay. This is also one of the most important steps as it will determine the outcome of all the hard work you have put in the background; through research and reading to try and understand the essay requirements. Failure to write a good essay will invalidate all the previous steps. Start writing your essay from the introduction, followed by the body and finally a conclusion. You should make sure to follow your essay plan when doing this. Also, make sure to reference all the “borrowed” information in your essay.
- When you are done, please make sure to do this very important step that most students fail to. Read through the draft and make all the necessary corrections in your work; be it grammatical errors, deleting non-relevant sections, changing the vocabulary to improve on them et cetera et cetera, basically making additions and deletions to improve on your essay. After doing this, read through the essay once more to ensure that everything flows well and is as per your expectations.
Want some help with the writing of your essay? Place an order now.